Monday, November 12, 2007

Writing Extension


This picture shows the immortality of the soldiers and the hurt that they feel being away from their families. This picture reflects a sense of lonliness and strength. The woman stands although her tears fall. She is the apitome of pain and suffering that has no choice but to persevere just as the soldiers are meant to do.
"War Song"
In the morning when you wake up
You've got planes flying in the sky
Flying bombs made to break up
All the lies in your eyes
There's a man says
he can put an end to war
They shot George Wallace down
He'll never walk around
Our mines are sleeping in the sea
Blow those bridges down
And burn that jungle down
And kill those Vietnamese
There's a man says
he can put an end to war
In the morning when you wake up
You've got planes flying in the sky
Flying bombs made to break up
All the lies in your eyes
There's a man says
he can put an end to war
By: Neil Young
I feel that this song expresses broken promises that the soldiers had to endure. They always had hope that the war would end and yet they continued to fight and lose lives. It mimics their everyday lifestyle in every possible way.
Dear Mom,
I didn't want anyone else to tell you this I wanted you to know that I love you. Things are never what they seem when you get into it. This war has done me fair but I am dieing. Don't cry for me mother rejoice and think of my life as a celebrated time. I am dieing because my country needed me to. I love you mom no matter what may happen in your life i will be watching over you.
Feel no guilt over my death my life was mine to do with as i please. I love you now, I loved you always, and I'll love you forever more.
Your Son,
Kemmerich

No comments: